Dr Paul Rout OFM
I have been lecturing at Heythrop College since 2002, my subject areas being Christian Spirituality and Philosophy of Religion. I am a Franciscan priest and completed my first degree in Arts and Education at the University of Melbourne. After teaching for a number of years at Padua Secondary College in Brisbane, Australia, I came to study in London at Heythrop College, University of London, obtaining my MTh in 1991 and my PhD in 1996. My doctoral thesis is entitled From Religious Experience to the Reality of God: Bonaventure and the Religious Experience of St Francis of Assisi.
From 1996 – 2001 I lectured in Philosophy and Franciscan Studies at the Franciscan International Study Centre, Canterbury, England. I return to Australia for one semester every second year as a Visiting Lecturer at the Yarra Theological Union, Melbourne.
Additional Areas of Interest
- The Franciscan Spiritual Tradition and its relevance for the contemporary world; Franciscans
- St Francis of Assisi and Islam: A Theological Perspective on a Christian-Muslim Encounter (2011) Al-Masaq: Islam and the Medieval Mediterranean, Society for the Medieval Meditarranean. (23) pp.205-215 [Journal Article]
- Hugh of St Victor by Paul Rorem (2010) Theology, (CXIII) pp.379-380 [Book Review]
- Inter-faith Dialogue in Practice: St Francis of Assisi and Sultan Malek-al-Kamil (2009) Dialogue Australasia, pp.4-7 [Journal Article]
- Faith and reason - the nature of arguments for the existence of God (2008) Dialogue Australasia , (20) pp.4 [Journal Article]
- 'Where are the Beautiful People: The Franciscan Experience of Beauty' (2007) Dialogue Australasia, (18) [Journal Article]
There are no conferences to display for this user.