Rev Dr Ann Jeffers
Ann obtained her PhD in University College Dublin and has taught Hebrew Exegesis in Trinity College Dublin before joining Heythrop College where she has lectured in Biblical Studies (Hebrew Bible/Old Testament and Second Temple Judaism) since 1990. She is also the convenor for the MA in Biblical Studies.
She is the author of Magic and Divination in Ancient Palestine and Syria (Leiden: Brill, 1996) and is the co-editor with D. Pezzoli-Olgiati and A-K.Hopflinger of a textbook on Gender and Religion (Gender und Religion) published by Vandenhoeck and Ruprecht in 2007.
Additional Areas of Interest
- Magic and Divination in the Hebrew Bible and the Ancient World; Reception of the Old Testament in the Visual Arts; The Bible in Children's Literature; Constructions of Space in the ancient worlds; Gendered space in the Hebrew Bible and the Second Temple period; Jewish Literature in the Hellenistic World
- Wicked Witches of the West: Construction of Space and Gender in Jezreel (2013) Constructions of Space IV: Further Developments in Examining Social Space in Ancient Israel , T & T Clark. London, pp.76-91 [Book Section]
- Nigosian, S. Magic and Divination in the Old Testament (2012) Journal for the Study of the Old Testament, [Book Review]
- Rajak, Tessa. Translation & Survival: The Greek Bible of the Ancient Jewish Diaspora (2012) Journal for the Study of the Old Testament, Sage Publications. [Book Review]
- Gartner-Brereton, Luke. The Ontology of Space in Biblical Hebrew narrative. The Determinate Function of Narrative “Space” within the Biblical Hebrew Aesthetic (2012) Journal for the Study of the Old Testament, Sage Publications. [Book Review]
- Ahearne-Kroll, Stephen P., Paul A. Holloway and James A. Kelhoffer (eds). Women and Gender in Ancient Religions: Interdisciplinary Approaches (2012) Journal for the Study of the Old Testament, Sage Publications. [Book Review]
There are no conferences to display for this user.